Fall camp is in full swing at the University of Missouri and around the country. The Tigers enter the 2022 season as heavy underdogs in the SEC east. The program is coming off three consecutive .500 regular seasons and third-year head coach Eli Drinkwitz will attempt to get this young, talented squad to the next level in 2022.
The Tigers have all kinds of questions at quarterback and the success (or lack thereof) of that position will have a large bearing on the team’s final record. Mizzou will also have to replace the production of workhorse running back Tyler Badie and they will have to do it by committee in 2022. The receiver position should be one of great strength but can this young corps develop even with shoddy quarterback play?
Missouri football 2022 schedule/predictions
- September 1 vs. Louisiana Tech. The Bulldogs finished last in Conference USA’s western division a season ago but will come to Columbia with nothing to lose with a national stage before them. This is a game Missouri should win but will certainly have to show up and play well to do so.
Prediction: W Missouri 27- Louisiana Tech 16
- September 10 @ Kansas State. Tough early road test for the Tigers against a legitimate Big 12 foe. The Wildcats will be sound, focused and could prove to be too much for Mizzou early in the season.
Prediction: L Kansas State 31- Missouri 20
- September 17 vs. Abilene Christian. Not much analysis necessary here. This should be a Mizzou win or we have major problems on our hands.
Prediction: W A lot to a little
- September 24 @ Auburn. This is a game that could really turn the season in a most fortuitous direction. The Auburn Tigers were disappointing this season and expectations are not exactly through the roof in 2022. Huge opportunity for an upset and we will see if Mizzou can rise to the challenge.
Prediction: W Missouri 31- Auburn 28
- October 1 vs. Georgia. Mizzou hosts the defending national champions the first Saturday in October and beating the juggernaut that is the Georgia Bulldogs is not expected nor plausible in 2022.
Prediction: L Georgia 41- Missouri 16
- October 8 @ Florida. The Tigers were able to knock off the struggling Gators in Columbia last season and will travel to Gainesville taking on a program trying to hit the restart button. Missouri is a surprising 5-5 against the Gators since joining the SEC including two wins at the Swamp.
Prediction: W Missouri 23- Florida 20
- October 22 vs. Vanderbilt. Games with Vandy aren’t always a walk in the park but Clark Lea still has a long way to go to get the Commodores rolling. Drinkwitz has won the last two and should keep the momentum going with a key home win.
Prediction: W Missouri 38- Vanderbilt 22
- October 29 @ South Carolina. Drinkwitz’s first road win at Mizzou took place in 2020 at South Carolina. As both of these programs try to raise their level of play, the winner of this should be in good shape for bowl eligibility.
Prediction: W Missouri 34- South Carolina 31
- November 5 vs. Kentucky. The Wildcats have won seven of the last eight in this series and are armed and ready for what should be another solid season.
Prediction: L Kentucky 35 Missouri 24
- November 12 @ Tennessee. The Volunteers have had Mizzou’s number over the past three seasons and the Tigers have not been competitive in the two games under Drinkwitz.
Prediction: L Tennessee 42- Missouri 29
- November 19 vs. New Mexico State. Not bad to have a tune-up game late in the season before going in to the Arkansas game.
Prediction: W Missouri 44 -NM State 19
- November 25 vs. Arkansas. Missouri had owned the Battle Line until last year’s game in Fayetteville. Coach Sam Pittman has turned around the Hogs in short order and they are going to be a tough out for anyone they play in 2022.